The main concern of Tobacco Control is give a forum for research, analysis, commentary, and debate on policies, programmes, and methods which can be prone to further the objectives of the comprehensive tobacco control policy. In documents submitted for review the introduction should suggest why the study reported or problems discussed are essential when it comes to managing tobacco use, plus the conversation part includes an analysis of the way the research reported plays a role in tobacco control goals.
Documents firmly anchored to a strategic policy and programme context are more likely to be accepted for book. Due to the fact log seeks to achieve a worldwide readership, writers should think about whether their intended submissions target problems or themes, that are apt to be of great interest to scientists involved in other countries. Extremely parochial problems, that have few lessons for tobacco control policy outside a paper’s local context, are not likely to be provided with priority that is high. The manuscripts editors will generally speaking maybe not offer high priority to:
- Studies of smoking cigarettes prevalence and its particular correlates. They are most readily useful ideal to nationwide journals. Few people residing outside nation have an interest in whether that country has 30% or 35% of smokers.
- Knowledge, attitudes, behaviour (KAB) studies of specific population teams or health care professionals. Once more, they are better suited to national journals or even wellness speciality that is professional. Few individuals in other nations will tend to be enthusiastic about (for instance) whether nurses in a local medical center are thinking about helping patients quit. Nationwide studies, and the ones using studies that are such initial areas are of more interest.
- Reports that evoke unanimous “so what?” responses from the editors. They are documents with findings that appear to hold no importance that is obvious changing policy or training in tobacco control. They frequently show methodological finery, but take us anywhere don’t crucial or interesting.
- Advice pieces where in fact the viewpoints are unoriginal, badly argued, naive or neglect for crucial ethical problems in favor of sloganeering.
- Papers that show the writers have not exposed Tobacco Control and never comprehend its primary concentrate on tobacco control in place of on tobacco and its own usage and wellness effects. We have been thinking about such documents, but as long as their writers address the implications of the findings for tobacco control.
- Papers with glaringly apparent, deadly problems that are methodological.
- Documents on topics that need very technical or language that is discipline-specific to be recognized because of the almost all readers.
- Papers that are replications of currently well-established findings or provide little new information.
- Regional studies where in actuality the implications for the journal’s international audience are ambiguous.
- Reports written for governments or neighborhood wellness authorities that somebody thought could be provided an instant make-over and presented as a log paper.
Tobacco Control adheres towards the greatest criteria concerning its editorial policies on book ethics, systematic misconduct, permission and peer review criteria. To see all BMJ Journal policies please make reference to the BMJ Author Hub policies page.
Articles are posted under a licence that is exclusive non-exclusive licence for British Crown workers or where BMJ has agreed CC BY is applicable. For all of us authorities officers or workers acting as an element of their formal duties, the terms are as previously mentioned prior to our licence terms. Writers or their employers retain copyright. Open access articles could be reused underneath the regards to the appropriate imaginative Commons licence to facilitate reuse regarding the content; please refer to the Tobacco Control Author Licence for the applicable Creative Commons licences”.
Tobacco industry funded work
Tobacco Control will maybe not start thinking about for publication documents work that is reporting, in whole or in component, by a tobacco business or tobacco industry company. Nor will the journal consider documents by writers whom accept tobacco industry capital, including money for research costs, for many or section of any author’s income, or other kinds of individual remuneration. For more information, please check this out editorial providing the thinking behind the journal’s policy. Failure to declare contending passions at distribution, or whenever articles is commissioned, may result in instant rejection regarding the paper. In case a contending interest comes to light after publication, Tobacco Control will issue an official modification to or retraction of this whole paper, as appropriate.
Material previously published online
Tobacco Control is happy to think about documents based wholly or in component on material previously posted on the web. But writers should think about an editorial with this topic: Prior book on the net: brand new log policy. The editor keeps the right that is customary make modifications any way you like of course essential to reduce, with all the approval for the author(s), product accepted for publication. Any written or material that is illustrative is posted somewhere else should be duly acknowledged and followed closely by the penned consent regarding the copyright owner (this can be the publisher as opposed to the writer).
Under unique circumstances in which a paper’s findings have actually instantly appropriate policy implications warranting urgent book, manuscripts can be fast tracked prior to the normal queue of documents. If you feel you feel it is of sufficient importance to be handled urgently that you have good reasons why this is true for your paper, please detail these in a cover letter, explaining the importance of your work for the field and the reason. This demand does not guarantee that the editors will concur, and just a couple of documents per year would be expedited with this foundation, nonetheless it may help the editors to judge the paper’s value within the context that is current.
Formatting, terms and revised manuscripts
Documents on electric cigarettes should utilize the term cigarettes that are‘electronic on very first usage, and after that the abbreviation ‘e-cigarettes’ may be utilized. Documents on other delivery payforpapers.net legit that is nicotine may continue steadily to make use of the definition of ‘electronic smoking distribution systems’ accompanied by the abbreviation ‘ENDS’ after very very first usage.
Whenever uploading a revised manuscript, writers must also add an independent manuscript file showcasing the tracked changes to exhibit the editors the distinction through the past variation. The monitored modifications document must be uploaded as a supplementary file.
Analysis gu > that is reporting
BMJ calls for conformity towards the reporting that is following. Please upload the appropriate completed list for the research kind along with your distribution, and label it “Research checklist”. If no appropriate list is available for the research type, this could be suggested in the distribution kind.
CONSORT statement – necessary for all randomised managed studies
PRISMA statement – necessary for all systematic reviews
EVEREST statement – Required for many economic evaluations
STARD statement – Required for many research that is diagnostic
STROBE statement – necessary for all observational studies
SQUIRE statement – Required for several quality enhancement studies
Guidance and types can be found from EQUATOR.
We welcome video clip abstracts to come with accepted research articles. These enable authors to really talk through their work beyond the limitations of a formal article to improve the user’s understanding. Note you to consider submitting a video abstract until your paper has been accepted that we will not ask. Please usually do not attempt to upload a video clip abstract upon initial submission of the manuscript.
There are lots of tutorials online that could guide the manufacturing of a video abstract, using commonly and frequently easily available computer software. Windows film Maker and Apple iMovie will be the many typical examples. Samples of video clip abstracts can be found from The BMJ. Here are a few directions for making a video clip abstract. Writers might also would you like to ask their institution’s press/media workplace for support.
- Movie abstracts must not go longer than 4 mins.
- This content and concentrate for the video clip must relate straight to the scholarly study which has been accepted for book, and may perhaps maybe not stray beyond the info. We suggest you stick to the exact same framework while the paper itself in other words. briefly outline the background/context associated with research, provide your quest goal, outline the strategy utilized, provide the main element outcomes and then talk about the implications for the results.
- The presentation and content associated with the movie should always be in a mode plus in terms which will be understandable and available to a broad audience that is medical. The main language should be English, but we welcome subtitles in another language. Please avoid jargon that’ll not be acquainted to a broad medical market, and never utilize abbreviations.
- Writers frequently talk directly into the digital camera and/or provide a slideshow, but we enable the utilization of other appropriate artistic and material that is audiosuch as for instance animations, movies, nevertheless photographs, figures, infographics). If you want to make use of product from formerly posted work or off their sources, please receive the appropriate permissions through the publisher that is relevant copyright owner.